Sunday, January 09, 2005

Passion

What is the one thing in your life that consumes you?

Is it wealth? Is it recognition? Your work? Is it your family? Your life partner?

My life is consumed by the reality that I serve a God who loves me, who walks with me and who talks with me.

Last year was an amazing year that shouted "PASSION" in all that i did. From my work in advertising agencies to ministry work in church, everything was driven by a passion of excellence for my Saviour. I do not think it was a coincidence when a close friend of mine, on the first day fo the year gave me a poster with this quote:

" Nothing in the world has ever been accomplised without passion "


2005 continues to be a year to passionately serve Him. I sense a deeper need to surrender more of myself to Him. Yes, surrender! To release and let go of every aspect of my life to Him. Its not about trying hard in life, its not about my talents and abilities anymore. It is about God. It is about what God can do with my life when I surrender it to Him.

So Lord, I surrender myself to You this year. Even more.

Fear grips me, Lord. Please don't let go of me. Everything I hold dear to, I am letting go...
I'm releasing my career in advertising to you.. I'm trusting you for a life partner. I'm giving you my family.. I am giving you my life, take it and use it whatever way you want to...


I love You, Lord... more than life...


-------------------------------------------

More Than Life

Stand by everything You said
Stand by the promises we made
Let go of everything I've done
I'll run into Your open arms
And all I know

I love You more than life
I love You more than life

Fall back on everything You've done
Fall back on everlasting arms
When all the world is swept away
You are all the things I need
You're the air I breathe

(Hillsongs - More Than Life)

2 Comments:

At January 11, 2005 at 10:39 AM, Blogger Firewalker said...

Hello Alex! Good to surrender and be the instrument.Nothing more blessed than being used by God , I guess.All the best in your journey with God. It's gonna rock ya!

 
At April 16, 2005 at 9:00 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Nothing beats glorifying and enjoying God forever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home